"S.S. Accrington was one of five sister ships built for the old Great Central Railway. Requisitioned in 1915, Accrington became a P.O.W. accommodation ship, then in 1940 on English Channel services. In 1917-1918 she was a Training Ship based at Portsmouth. Post-war she was briefly chartered for GER’s Rotterdam to Harwich repatriation service before taking up the Grimsby – Hamburg route.
Acquired by LNER in 1923 and passed to Associated Humber Lines in 1934. From July 1942 used as a convoy rescue ship during the Second World War and completed 40 escort voyages.
In January 1951 she made her last sailing on the Harwich-Antwerp service and was sold for breaking at Dunston-on-Tyne where she arrived on 3 May 1951."
Triple dampmaskin, 3 cylindere diam. 22",35" & 60"-42". Maskineri bygget ved Earle`s & Co. Ltd. Hull, UK.